We are experimental optical physicists, interested in novel ways to manipulate light and investigate light matter interactions as the amplitude, phase, and polarization of the light is dynamically controlled.
- Quantum Optics:
- We design/develop experiments to garner the foundational knowledge to accomplish sources of quantum light that generates customized single photons and is able to emit one and only one pair of entangled photons on demand.
- Quantum Information Science:
- We are also interested in the study of progressive quantum decoherence in optical fibers using structured light fields.
- Nonlinear Optics:
- We experimentally study the nonlinear optical interaction that arises from the interaction between an ultrafast, ultrashort optical pulse strongly coupled to hybrid material systems composed of atomically thin layer of transition metal dichalcogenides (TMD) integrated together with nonlinear materials/crystals.
- Imaging Through Scattering Media:
- In our lab, we are implementing state of the art biomedical imaging and characterization tools by combining wavefront shaping methods with optical coherence tomography, near field optical techniques, and fiber-based imaging to advance deep tissue imaging and to gain high-resolution insights into spatial tissue structures, and other biological structures.