Professor Moussa N’Gom was born and raised in Dakar, Senegal. He came to the US after high school:
- -BS Physics/EECS University of Wisconsin — Milwaukee (1999).
- Optical Engineer, Corning Incorporated
- Ph.D. Applied Physics – University of Michigan — Ann Arbor (2009)
- Research Scientist: Institute for Defense Analyses in DC
- Senior Research Scientist Corning Incorporated
- Visiting associate research Scientist, Center for Ultrafast Optical Science — University of Michigan
- Assistant Professor of Physics, RPI (2018)
Dr. Pascal Bassene
- I was born and raised in Casamance, Senegal. I came to Dakar for High school.
- License/Master 1 University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar (2010).
- Master 1&2 University Pierre and Marie Curie (UPMC/Paris/France)
- (Fundamental Physics & Materials Science and Nano-objects (SMNO)) (2013)
- Ph.D. Applied Physics – University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar (2019)
- Visiting associate research Scientist, Institut des NanoSciences de Paris (INSP/UPMC) (2016-2019).
- Postdoc Associate Researcher, RPI (2020)
I am a German-American Physics graduate student here at RPI. Born in Germany but completed high school as well as my bachelors in the US, which included a year studying in Japan. My research interests are in the domain of optics, more specifically nonlinear and quantum optics. Outside of the lab, I enjoy running, hiking, and rock climbing.
I am a graduate student studying physics at RPI, originally from Oklahoma. I attended the University of Oklahoma for my undergraduate studies, receiving dual degrees in Physics and Mathematics. I am interested in studying optics, focused more on applications of quantum nonlinear optics. Aside from school and research, I love music and camping.
Saad Bin Ali Reza
I am a graduate student at the department of Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering here at RPI. Born and raised in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I have completed my undergraduate degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I am interested in researching in the fields of Optics and Photonics. Besides my academic interests, I also love music and astronomy.
I grew up in Bangladesh and came to the US after completing my undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering. Before joining RPI as a PhD student, I got my Master’s degree in ECE from Baylor University, Texas. My research interests are primarily in the area of optoelectronics, light-matter interaction and their biomedical applications. Besides school, study, and research I like learning about different culture and language. I also love food and like to try new recipes which at times makes me loose hope for my inner chef.
I am an international student from China. I speak Chinese and a little bit Japanese besides English. I enjoy watching anime and reading light novels in my leisure time
- Coming soon